Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water damage can have such a range of impact on the space in which it occurs. More often than not, whether the it had a small or large impact, it is highly recommended that you contact a professional to assess the damage that has been done to your Oldsmar/Westchase property. Here are a few things you should do while before or while waiting for a professional to help with your Water Extraction, remediation or restoration needs. Be sure to mop your floors to remove as much excess water from the surface as possible. Remove lamps, electronics and other tabletop items from all wooden surfaces before wiping down the wooden surface. Remove and prop wet any cushions, carpets and upholstery outside or in front of a fan. Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting. Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in warm weather. Move all art and decor to a safe, dry place. Rid floors of any and all small/loose items.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (813) 543-0053
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.